Friends of the Farm – a community group
Our People – Rasheed AhmedDecember 6, 2022 COMMUNITY | Mangere Bridge Village | Newsletter Issue 5 Dec 2022 | Our People
Hi, I am Rasheed from local business Hammer Hardware. I am a Fijiborn Indian who came to New Zealand in 1986.
I’m married, with three children. One of my daughters is an accountant, my son is an Air New Zealand pilot, and my younger daughter is in high school.
‘I enjoy working in Māngere Bridge as the people are so friendly…’Rasheed Ahmed
My first job in NZ was at the Nissan car assembly plant, where I was a Paint Supervisor. After the closure of the plant in 1997, I moved to the Distribution Department and I worked as the Distribution Manager until 2005.
In my hardware store I do a lot of key cutting and sell a wide range of hardware as well as timber.
I enjoy working in Māngere Bridge as people are so friendly and the village-like atmosphere is a real plus. I reckon I’ll still be here in ten years’ time, selling hardware items to locals.
More of Our People
- Repair Café Nov ’22 – 68 Items Saved from Landfill
- Friends of the Farm turns 10!
- Our People – Rasheed Ahmed
- Our People – Maioha Walker
- Spring planting tips from Whenua Warrior
- Our People – Garry “Hawkeye” Hawks
- Carol from Kindy- retiring after 29 years
- Caroline and Jane: Everyday Māngere Bridge heroes
- Our People – Sapati Apa-Fepulea’i
- Rachel: Everyday Māngere Bridge hero making a difference.